Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Homeschool Freebie Of The Day, Cat Deterrant, and Lesson Plans

I missed posting yesterdays Homeschool Freebie of the day, but here are the maining ones for the week:

Tuesday, Sept 16: Stories To Tell To Childen (& How to Tell Them)
Classic book of read-aloud stories with instructions on
how to be a better storyteller. Excellent!

Wednesday, Sept 17: The Absurd ABC by Walter Crane
Delightful ABC rhymes with wonderful Crane illustrations

Thursday, Sept 18: Required Poems for Memorization
A collection of classic poems which were originally required reading
& meant for memorization in school grades 3 and 4 in the early 1900s.
Wonderful verses, great for reading aloud, recitation & remembering.

Friday, Sept 19: ???? Can you guess the mysterious Friday resource ????
Be sure to stop by the site to check out our weekend goodie!

Make a note of the ones you want, and be sure to stop
by that day and get your copy!

You can download all of these on their respective days
at our site: www.HomeschoolFreebieOfTheDay.com

Does anyone know how I can get stray cats to stay out of my yard? Obviously I do not wish to cause them any harm, but I need something to deter them. The dog scares them away, but they come back. They urinate all over, including my front porch, and of course it stinks. They go on my roof, under the house, and are basically just a menace. They are strays, and animal control refuses to come get them. So how do I keep them out of my yard, and no a fence doesnt work, they just climb it. Any advice, is greatly appreciated.

Lesson Plans for 9/17/08:

Spelling Lesson 3: Write each spelling word, and the circle the consonants
Vocabulary Lesson 3: Try to name a synonym, for each vocabulary word
Writing: Pick the perfect job, and explain why it is perfect
Social Studies: Colorado and Resource roundup- learning about natural resources
Math: Multiplication, addition, subtraction, understanding greater than and less than
Language Arts: Phonics review, punctuation, and pronouns
Spanish: Parts of the body
Reading: Read chapter 10 of Dinosaurs Before Dark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, yes, I am back in SD now and catching up with sleep :)

Sorry about the stray cat, I do not know anything too to stop them, since by all means, fence won't work since they can climb. I'll ask around for what can scare a cat away that won't make them go back. If I find an answer, I'll share it to you.

Melissa said...

Thanks betchai, that would be great. I wish it was only one cat, there are several.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, I just found this out in yahoo asks, about how to scare cat away, but I do not know which one would really work.

You may just want to check out some ideas:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071008063741AAWeFtp

Melissa said...

Thanks betchai, I will check them out.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!