Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, October 13, 2008

Go Pink For October, Halloween Unit Study, Columbus Day For Homeschoolers




Happy Monday, everyone. I have been busy using my day off, shampooing rugs, and storing away toys that my children are not currently playing with. Now I am tired, and going to blog for a bit.

As you can see, my blog has gone pink. October is Breast Cancer awareness month. I am a little late, but better late than never. Turn your blog pink, and show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness. Mine will remain pink, until Novemeber 1st.

Love my blog, dont forget to join my reader, it will get you one entry, into the 10 dollar giveaway, and free advertising contest.

As stated in the rules at the top of my blog, if you submit a Fall related picture, you will be entered into the contest. My husband is real good, at deleting pictures off of my computer, so I had to go take one. The pictures are of my children, in their Halloween costumes, they will be wearing this year.

Speaking of Halloween, want a free Themed Unit Study, for free, on Halloween? Then go to http://www.schoolexpress.com/ and sign up for their free newsletter, and they will send you a new one every Sunday. They also have a whole curriculum based on just Unit Studies, it is not free, but the price is very reasonable. If you sign up, and it is too late, for you to get the Halloween Unit, I can email it to you.

Today is Columbus Day, and I am sure a lot of you are off. If you need some help finding a good lesson for your Homeschool, about Christopher Colombus, then I have some links for you. If you just want to learn more about Columbus Day, these are great for everyone. Here they are:

http://www.biography.com/columbus/ This one is a short video by Biography.com and is well done.

http://www.history.com/minisite.do We will be watching both of these on Wednesday of this week, as part of our Social Studies class.

Tomorrow 10/14/08 is a Half Day, here at Melissas Homeschool, and here is our lesson plan:

Writing: Imagine you have a potion, that makes people tell the truth
Reading: Chapter 3 Mummies in the Morning
Math: Division, Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction
Spelling: Lesson 7 write each spelling word 2 times eahc, and circle the Vowels
Vocabulary: Lesson 7, look up the definition to each vocabulary word
Art: If time permits, draw a Haunted House if time runs out, will do on another day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday too, Melissa. At least, you had a productive Monday off. Thanks for reminding us of the Pink Cancer month.

Melissa said...

I wish I had remember to do it sooner. I get so busy, I forget some things.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!