Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, November 24, 2008

Geared Up For A Busy Week, Food Drive, Christmas Drive

First of all I would like to say to anyone that is travelling this week, to be safe, and have a good time.

My dog is feeling better. He is still not quite himself, but at least he is not glaring at the refrigerator anymore.

My sister had her Gallbladder removed this morning, and she is home, and doing fine. Some pain, and nausea but nothing unusual. So that all went well, and her husband is home with her.

As soon as I am done with this post, I am off to watch Food Network. This is my absolute favorite time of the year, to watch the cooking shows. While I watch, and listen I will be making a Christmas card list, and tweeking my last minute grocery shopping list for Turkey Day.

Last Friday, I sent all the food we saved for the needy, over to the food drive. They will be distributed to people who can not afford to buy a Thanksgiving dinner. Then Friday night, I went off to Walmart, to buy toys for the Christmas drive. I usally give one new toy, to Toys For Tots, every year. This year I will be giving to the local Christmas drive, with specific sponsored children that are experiencing difficult times. I bought a whole bunch of stuff, and my husband took it in today, on his way to work. If you are experiencing a rough time this year, there are places you can sign up to have toys donated to your children. Most churches, sheriffs, and community services would be able to tell you where and how to sign up.

Then today I finished up my own Christmas shopping online. I would like to get two of the ladies I work with a gift too, I hope I will be able to. They both love to read, and are having difficult financial times. I have two books in mind, and I hope to be able to get them. I would love to buy for every single person in our family, but it just is not possible, or feasible. Of course I do have to get stocking stuffers but that isnt really too big of a deal. My son is a reading master, and I just bought him a whole bunch of advanced readers off Ebay for Christmas.

Happy Monday, everyone.

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!