Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, January 19, 2009

Do Your Kids Ask For Nontraditional Pets?

I read this little article, in my Family Circle magazine. Some of it I was already aware of, but some was new information as well. For instance I knew turtles, lizards, snakes, and other reptiles could carry the Salmonella virus, and that children under 3 or 4 should not handle them. However I did not know that turtles, chicks, and mice can carry Herpes as well. Herpes is usually considered a sexually transmitted disease, so this was startling to me. The basis of the story is that if you are considering a cute chick for Easter, you might want to talk to your Pediatrician to be sure it is safe, for the age of your child. While we do have lizards that share our yard with us, my children have never handled them. My son has considered asking for a turtle, but this is not a common topic. Good handwashing would be of the utmost importance.

I was given an award, which I will post about on a day when I have no lesson plans to post.

Lesson Plans for 1/20/09:

Reading: Chapter 6 Dolphins at Daybreak
Language Arts: Parts of speech, punctuation
Math: Multiplication, division, greater than, less than
Writing: If you could zap yourself into a TV show, what would it be, and why
Science: Animals-vertebrates, animal watch
Spelling: Lesson 16- write each spelling word 2 times each
Vocabulary: Lesson 16: Look up the definition for each vocabulary word
PE: 30 minutes
Spanish: Food and utensils 3

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great Tuesday.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!