Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Social Saturday: Harlem Globetrotters and National Parks Field Trips

OK, I missed last weeks Social Saturday, so this week I have two to share. They are both next week, so I wanted to be sure anyone interested knew about them. March 1st the National Park Foundation is offering an electronic field trip to both public schools, and home schooled children. This particular field tips focuses on the Gulf Islands National Seashore. You do have to register, and there are two one hour episodes to choose from. They have the other field trips in the archives to watch as well. I love this idea, because my kids love this kind of stuff, and we may never get to actually visit in person. Click the link to register your classroom. It is completely free.

On March 3rd, at 7 PM, the Harlem Globetrotters will be in Gainesville. This is very close to us, and I was looking at getting tickets. However, my family decided another Seaworld trip in March, and Wrestlemania was what they wanted to do. If you would like to take your family to the Globetrotters, there are still seats left. You can click the link to be taken to the site to purchase tickets.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I have to agree, I think Sea World sounds like more fun than the Harlem Globetrotters (Wrestlemania, on the other hand, sounds painful).

Melissa said...

Me too, but I would have gladly went. I hear the Globetrotters are very entertaining to watch, and I have never been.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!