Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Loading...

Friday, May 27, 2011

Free Easy Drawing Lessons

I forgot to post yesterday, jeesh! I do try to post everyday, but since we are nearing the end of the school year there isn't much to say. Well I always have lots to say, but sometimes it isn't worth sharing, LOL!

We continue with review, and completion of lessons. We have a lot of extra time for Art, and to discuss next years lessons. Yes, I actually discuss with my kids what they hope to learn, or would like to learn. Of course that might not be the main focus, but I try to accommodate. For example, DJ absolutely hates the writing and language arts workbooks we have been using. Not just the workbook, but any workbook on these topics. I have to admit they are rather mundane and boring. He of course has a writing blog, as a lot of you know. This has helped him blossom immensely in his writing abilities. I used to have to fight with him, now it isn't such a struggle, minus the workbook. Anyways we were talking, and for next year which will be sixth grade, he is going to write and illustrate a children's storybook. He has already started thinking about characters and themes. I found a free website that offers simple how to draw lessons, for him to use in his storybook. Now I just have to figure out how to be sure no one borrows his work once he posts it. That is a ways off, so I have time to research. I have listened to other blogs say people borrow, or steal their work all the time. I do not want this to happen. If it is real good I might have it copyrighted, of course I am getting way ahead of myself.

How do you get your kids to enjoy writing? Some kids love it, and others dread it. Do you have some helpful tips to share? I would love to hear them. BTW I have not figured out a way to avoid the boring Language Arts book. If anyone has any ideas how he can learn it without the workbook, I would love to hear that too. Maybe some of the game websites I have archived will do the trick.

2 comments:

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

What a great site - thanks! We are using Draw Write Now, but these look like a lovely FREE alternative!
(or $7 for the ebook version with no ads, I guess...)

Melissa said...

We used Draw Write Now this year as well. But the books are not exactly cheap, and if I can get something for free, I will. Have fun!

My Ebay Store and Auctions