Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, May 27, 2011

Free Easy Drawing Lessons

I forgot to post yesterday, jeesh! I do try to post everyday, but since we are nearing the end of the school year there isn't much to say. Well I always have lots to say, but sometimes it isn't worth sharing, LOL!

We continue with review, and completion of lessons. We have a lot of extra time for Art, and to discuss next years lessons. Yes, I actually discuss with my kids what they hope to learn, or would like to learn. Of course that might not be the main focus, but I try to accommodate. For example, DJ absolutely hates the writing and language arts workbooks we have been using. Not just the workbook, but any workbook on these topics. I have to admit they are rather mundane and boring. He of course has a writing blog, as a lot of you know. This has helped him blossom immensely in his writing abilities. I used to have to fight with him, now it isn't such a struggle, minus the workbook. Anyways we were talking, and for next year which will be sixth grade, he is going to write and illustrate a children's storybook. He has already started thinking about characters and themes. I found a free website that offers simple how to draw lessons, for him to use in his storybook. Now I just have to figure out how to be sure no one borrows his work once he posts it. That is a ways off, so I have time to research. I have listened to other blogs say people borrow, or steal their work all the time. I do not want this to happen. If it is real good I might have it copyrighted, of course I am getting way ahead of myself.

How do you get your kids to enjoy writing? Some kids love it, and others dread it. Do you have some helpful tips to share? I would love to hear them. BTW I have not figured out a way to avoid the boring Language Arts book. If anyone has any ideas how he can learn it without the workbook, I would love to hear that too. Maybe some of the game websites I have archived will do the trick.

2 comments:

Tzivia said...

What a great site - thanks! We are using Draw Write Now, but these look like a lovely FREE alternative!
(or $7 for the ebook version with no ads, I guess...)

Melissa said...

We used Draw Write Now this year as well. But the books are not exactly cheap, and if I can get something for free, I will. Have fun!

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!