Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, May 20, 2011

I Am Not A Negative Person, But

Some of you may remember reading the kids were entering the Doodle 4 Google contest. Now it was our first year and not only did we not know what to expect, we didn't expect to win or be placed either. The regional and state winners were posted. No surprise we didn't make it. I think the kids were bummed, but it gives us some insight of what to expect next year. For example we made our doodles simple thinking it would look more like a child did it, without extravagance. Um no, this does not work. We will remember that next year. The other thing I noticed was either there are some really gifted artists under the age of 10 or someone was helping. I have never seen art pieces by children so young, so perfect and extravagant. Just my opinion but my observation as well. No we are not sore losers, all things in life are a learning experience and so we shall learn from this one as well. Congrats to all the winners, and if I am not mistake one of the regional finalists was a homeschooler who has actually won that three years in a row. Wow! Congrats to them all they were amazing!

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!