Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wanna See A Big Gross Spider?

This is a Wolf Spider. It was in between the opened and closed window in our living room this morning. Last week we killed and took pictures of a Red Widow spider. Bleh! These will now be inventory for our 4H project next school year. Before this thing was doused with bug spray it probably measured close to ten inches from top to bottom. It has extremely long legs and huge fangs. Though Wolf Spiders are not venomous, getting bit by those huge fangs is very painful. I think it is time for my husband to do the yearly spray around the house.

On another note, and something most of my readers probably do not know about me, is that I was once a second degree brown belt in Kenpo Karate. It was 20 years ago, but I do remember quite a bit of what I had learned in my years doing it. DJ wants to learn how to do it too. I began teaching him yesterday. At first we are just focusing on respect of yourself, others, meditation, relaxation, keeping your body fit and the fact that Karate is not meant for fighting but for defending yourself. I can not teach him the Katias, because I do not remember them. Katias are like dances for Karate with very specific hand and feet motions. I did find some videos that teach them, so if he sticks with it, he can learn them that way.

Which brings me to my last point. I have met my second weight loss goal of twenty pounds. I lost 10 pounds last year, and was able to keep it off, so set a goal for another twenty this year. It is only May and have done so already so I am optimistic I can take off more. While this seems like slow progress to most people, it suits me fine since I can keep it off better this way. Most of my excess weight came after Caitlin was born. Anyone who has a child knows how easy it is to carry around 30-40 extra pounds after childbirth. I really am not focused on the number of pounds shed but would like to be more physically fit like I used to be, the weight is just an added bonus. It doesn't help that I am going to be 42 this year, and my energy levels are not quite what they used to be either. I am still considered rather hyper so that works to my advantage.

Have you got extra baby weight that is sticking around? What are you doing to get it off, or does it not bother you? Do you like spiders? I can ship you some of mine.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You have some awful spiders where you live Ms. Melissa! I would have been screaming at the top of my lungs if I saw that wolf spider. Yuck! Also, congratulations on the weight loss. I just joined Weight Watchers again last week and I am hoping to take off an extra 80 pounds. Good luck on your weight loss!

Melissa said...

Ha Ha I know it! It has to be these trees around the house because I would think you would get them too. Thanks for the congrats and good luck to you. For me cutting soda down not out but down, increasing water, and exercising a bit not a lot but a bit has helped me a lot.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!