Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, April 2, 2012

Bugfest 2012 and Spring Break is Over

Well Spring Break is over, and we had an awesome week off. I don't think I cooked one night, love it. My sister and hubby left for NC this morning, and last evening we surprised her with Wrestlemania on PPV. She is a huge fan, and since we already were getting it, we surprised her with it too. I still didn't get report cards done, but that should get done this week.

Today we had our coop. It was Ms KristĂ­'s turn, and we did Resurrection Eggs, as shown below. This is basically the story of Jesus' Crucifixion with a story booklet and eggs with different objects in them. It was a cute wLinkay to tell the true story of Easter. Then Kristi and I hid Easter eggs, and the kids did an egg hunt. It is exceptionally warm here right now, and we are in for record breaking heat. I am glad the pool is clean, I have a feeling we are going to be using it.

DJ wants to join Boy Scouts, but I am not certain this is going to be feasible. I will discuss this more with my husband and the scout leader. We will attend a meeting Thursday evening, and go from there.

For those of you who live in the Gainesville area, there is a Bugfest Wednesday April 4th from 6-8. There are all kinds of fun things to do, it is free, and discusses the Entomology degree that UF offers. I wish I had known sooner, because my kids would love this. Unfortunately we can't do everything. Click the highlighted link for more info.



2 comments:

Anne said...

Glad you had a good spring break. How great that your sister was able to share it with you. Good luck with the boy scouts. It is a commitment but it might be a good way for him to meet additional friends in the area.

Melissa said...

They usually come every two years and we try to work our Spring break around that same time. We have decided to wait on boy scouts until the Fall. One due to the heat, and two I am in the process of finding a different job, so adding something else could be in the way.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!