Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Still Planning for Fifth Grade and Visit To Our Beautiful Springs

On Friday, both kids had sleepovers with friends. One was for a birthday party. So, my husband and I went out to dinner, with no children. OMG is that different, lol. Then yesterday, I met back up with the kids, at Fanning Springs State Park, for a get together with the kids who did not get to celebrate DJ's birthday with him. It was hot, and the water was beautiful. I am always leery of the springs this time of year. I have visions of crazy teens with loud music, and a lot of not nice language. But, none of that happened. It wasn't even that busy, and everyone had a blast. Our pool has bit the dust. We have had it for 7 years, and it just has worn out. I am not buying another pool. Instead I am going to buy a one year state park pass. Since the kids and I love to walk the trails, and see the wildlife, plus swim this will be perfect for us. Hopefully my husband will join in. I think next year, DJ and Craig are going to get scuba certified, then he will have to go in the springs, lol.


I am still trying to decide for fifth grade, with Caitlin. She wants Time4Learning, I am not that optimistic for it. I will let her do parts of it, like the Language Arts, History and Science. I think I still want to supplement though. She will do the Math games with me, she is doing well, and Life of Fred. So, I continue to look, read, and evaluate. She did really well with the Evan Moor books for History, two years ago. I might go back to them. I like things that were successful in the past.





No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!