Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Fun With Geography: France and Chicken Kiev

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of food, again.  I guess taking pics of food is not appealing to me, lol.  Today, we learned about France.  Plus, we reviewed Italy, from last week.  I added in the continents to review, and basic map directions.  We use a globe to find each country, the countries that border the country, and their position in relation to other countries.  We get a kick out of trying to speak a little bit of the language, and always discuss the nation's flag.  Last, but not least, we discuss food.  Last week we made pizza, of course.  This week, after viewing some French dishes, and since I said no the desserts, they decided on Chicken Kiev.  It was actually quite easy to make, and my oh my so delicious.  I made pasta, and a white sauce to go with it.  My kids love just pasta with butter, and salt, but my husband likes sauce.  My white sauce always has some red wine vinegar, and lemon in it.  YUM!  What fun things do you do to learn Geography?  Please feel free to share in the comments.







https://www.etsy.com/shop/missy69?ref=hdr_shop_menu

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!